Were the exact words that my husband said as I informed him of my new purchase of a Mountain Buggy Nano for our trip to New Zealand and Australia this year. Goodness me did he eat his words and said at the end of the holiday it was absolutely worth every penny.
There are so many reasons why we loved the Mountain Buggy Nano here are our top 10.
- An immediate tick was awarded when it went into the overhead luggage compartment with no problem. It’s just under 6kg and was folded in a second and put into it’s very convenient travel case before boarding the plane. With a long handle I had no issues carrying it on board along with my boys backpacks too!
- After a 14 hour flight from Dubai to Brisbane being able to put a sleeping William straight into the Nano was a huge help when in transit. The seat size is generous and quite long, the position of the leg rest meant that his feet didn’t dangle on the ground like they do on other compact strollers.
- More often than not strollers and car seats are the last thing to arrive off the plane, we felt that with the Nano we cleared customs and baggage claim so much quicker as we were not dealing with tired and weary legs of William or that long wait. A Double Bonus! I could not help but clock a few envious looks from parents waiting for their strollers with very tired and grumpy toddlers next to them.
- We used public transport a lot in Auckland the easy two step fold and the fact that we could store it in such a compact space made getting on the bus and in taxis a very quick task. Then we just loved the easy open with a simple flick! Even the grandparents could get it!
- William is four but just not used to walking for long distances and combined with Jet Lag the Nano proved a relief as we did some serious miles by foot around the city. He took quite a few catnaps and with a really good recline, ventilation panel and a seriously smooth ride it meant that my husband, 7 year old and I could just keep going and more importantly there was no whining ‘I’m tired, my legs hurt etc!’
- William loved the height of the seat as compared to the other strollers that we’ve travelled with before, he was able to see quite a bit more and would sit cross legged when we put the adjustable footrest up enabling him to take in all the sights and sounds.
- The storage basket underneath was a great size holding up to 5kg we could fit Williams little kid backpack underneath, our rain coats and water making days out easy and pretty much hands free.
- In NZ and Australia the sun is so strong so we were really pleased with the sun canopy as it’s really generous in size. It provided great respite from the intensity of the sun.
- Never underestimate the power of kerb pop! Is what Mountain Buggy say. I had no idea what this meant but having being in Auckland and Sydney and covered a lot of miles and been up and down a lot of pavements I can now say I get it. It really is so cleverly engineered and allows you to ‘pop’ the front wheels up for kerb hopping on your travels.
- The Nano is great value for money at AED 1399 it was a key travel essential that made us enjoy our holiday so much more. Whilst we won’t have any more children my husband and I wish they had been around when the boys were babies as you can also fit the car seat capsule on to it. William is 4 but only 15 kilos so knowing we can use this up to 20 Kilos we’ve still got a few city tours left when we may find it invaluable once more. As a purchase from birth to around 5 years this is one award winning product that you get some serious longevity out of.
To make your ride even better do think about adding in a buggy hook just to add on any special little packages you pick up on your travels. I also thought a Mountain Buggy Pouch is a great accessory so you can easily get to your essential items like sun cream, keys and wipes.
Paula x Co Chief and mum babysouk